Many of our clients benefit from having prepared frozen meals accessible, so it’s nice to have a group of volunteers to prepare and package individual entrees. To schedule a weekend cooking project with your club, congregation or co-workers, contact the Development Office at 831.649.4522.
If you are a gardener and would like to donate your time, the garden and greenhouse at Sandy Shores need tending during the Spring and Summer months. Volunteers who can help Interim clients with planting, weeding and harvesting are greatly appreciated! Call the Development Office at 831.649.4522 to volunteer.
The Our Voices and OMNI Resources Center would love to offer a wider range of classes. If you can teach a four-to eight-week class in yoga, art, Spanish, or cooking, please contact the Development Office at 831.649.4522.
The holidays can be a lonely time for many of our clients. That’s why each year, on Thanksgiving and Christmas, Interim’s OMNI Resource Center organizes two holiday dinners serving over 100 people! The Center is open to all people who experience mental health challenges and the dinners serve not only residents of our housing, but many visitors of the center who may be homeless, reside in board and care homes, or, for whatever reason, are unable to spend the holidays with family or friends. To volunteer for one of these dinners, or to donate food, call Lisa Corpuz, OMNI Administrator, at (831) 800-7530, ext. 431!
Helping adults with mental illness move towards recovery and independence will always be the primary reason that you support Interim. With careful planning, you may be able to make a larger donation than you’ve imagined. And, as an Interim donor, it may also provide you with unexpected tax benefits.
Please contact the Development Office at 831.649.4522 for more information.
Interim’s tax ID number is 51-0159122.
Planned gifts can be made through many avenues including:
• A Simple Bequest in Your Will
• A Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT)
• A Special Needs Trust (provides some types of resources for a family member with a mental health disability)
• A Donation of Appreciated Properties (such as stock or real estate)
• Naming Interim as the Beneficiary of your Life Insurance Policy
• Retirement Accounts
Interim gratefully accepts gently used household items, with some exceptions. They mean so much to our clients, many of whom struggle to get by on very limited resources. They can also add a homelike touch for those who have been homeless in the past. For more information, contact our Development Office at 831.649.4522 to arrange pick-up of large items!
Things We Do Accept:
· Outdoor Patio Furniture/Barbeque Grills
· Kitchen Supplies and Pots and Pans
· Musical Instruments
· Art and Knitting Supplies
· Books, Board Games, DVD’s (rated G-PG13), Video Games and Systems
· Most Furniture (except for Cloth and Leather Furniture, Couches with Hide-a-Beds and Recliners)
· Outdoor Games and Sports Equipment
· Hygiene Products
Items We Do Not Accept:
· Clothing/Bedding, etc. (unless it is new)
· Beds (except metal frames for single beds)
· Appliances (except for refrigerators)
· Electronic equipment (computers, faxes, printers, copiers more than three years old,)
· Children’s Toys
· Water Beds
· Mechanical Exercise Equipment
All furnishing and appliance donations must pass inspection by our Maintenance Department. Any computer and related office electronic equipment must pass inspection by our IT Department.
Many of our clients rely on bicycles and public transportation as their primary means of transportation. If you have an unused adult-sized bicycle cluttering up the garage, call the Development Office at 831.649-4522 or use the “Contact Page” to email us and arrange a donation. We’d be happy to take it off of your hands.