Interim, Inc. is a private nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide much-needed services and affordable housing, supporting members of our community with mental illness to build productive and satisfying lives. To be able to accomplish this means relying on the support of the community.
Organizations like Interim Inc. really appreciate the community’s support, whether it be in the form of volunteerism, money or donated items. Many of Interim’s clients have experienced homelessness at some point in their lives, which means there is often a need for household, clothing and personal items.
While many of us prefer to donate our unused items to someone in need, it’s sometimes hard to understand when an organization declines offers of things like clothes, electrical items, and furniture that may have a lot of life still left in them.
There are two problems that organizations that take donations face: storage and usability. When donated items come in, they need to be housed, organized and prepared to be handed out. If the agency can’t accommodate this, then the items become a hazard rather than a useful item.
To see if Interim can accept your donated items, simply call the main number at (831) 649-4522 and ask if the items you wish to donate are currently needed. Your information will be passed along to a person in charge of collecting donations, or you will be given information of where to drop off your items.
The following is a list of items that Interim provides its clients, always with safety and usability in mind. With homelessness being one of the largest obstacles that adults with mental illness face, these items are always needed and greatly appreciated.
Receipts are available on request as all donations are tax-deductible.
- Outdoor Patio Furniture/Barbecue Grills
- Kitchen Supplies, (paper plates, napkins, cups, plastic ware)
- Dishes, Silverware, Glasses, Stainless Steel Pots and Pans (we do not take Teflon pots or pans)
- Toasters, Coffee Makers (with auto shut-off)
- Single-bed Sheets, Blankets, Comforters (that are washable)
- Towels in Good Condition
- Small Unopened Toiletries (nothing with alcohol base)
- Unopened bottles of Shampoo, Conditioner, Shaving Cream
- Unopened Toothbrushes, Toothpaste
- Hygiene Products
- New Stocking Hats, Gloves, Undergarments
- Small Musical Instruments (drums, guitars)
- Art and Knitting Supplies
- Books, Board Games, DVD’s (rated G-PG13), Video Games
- Most Furniture (Except for Cloth and Leather Furniture, Couches with Hide-a-Beds and Recliners)
- Outdoor Games and Sports Equipment
- Office supplies (paper, pens, etc. No ink cartridges)
- Large Luggage on Wheels
- New and Gently Used Bicycles